Monday, August 20, 2012

Dante's Girl, The Paradise Diaries, Courtney Cole



I have spent every summer since I was then years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.

Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, "You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto," even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of a Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See numer four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew problems and I've learned something from every one of them.

Let's start with the fact that Dante's world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raise on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 

But hearts don't care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante's Girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

...

Ah, how I love Courtney Cole's writing style. I've read some of her books, for example, the first three books  of The Bloodstone Saga, and Princess... and I think this is my favorite Courtney Cole book. It's less serious than Princess, and has more witty comments and fun characters.

Reece is a very funny character. I wouldn't say strong, because she has some weak moments. She's definitely witty, and also down to earth. Good thing that the book is written in Reece's point of view-- it made it less boring, and believe me when I say she's hilarious. The only thing that I didn't like about her character was that she would cry real easy, but I still liked her.

Dante Giliberti is the son of the Prime Minister of Caberra, no surprise there. He's a sweet and funny guy and he is the perfect gentleman, never rushing things with Reece. I'd find myself aww-ing most of the time, because he was just so sweet to her! Dante is the sweet guy all along, not like other male characters who are cold and distant at first and then when they fall in love they are all sweet and lovely. Nope, not at all. Dante always tries to make his dad happy in every way possible, even though  I don't think it will be that hard because his dad is a very sweet man. 

I really liked the plot, it was the perfect summer read. Sad thing that summer is going to end soon... Ha! Who am I kidding? It already ended for some people. The ending, I definitely love the ending. Sweet and short. Happy and all smiles. Great, now I'll be feeling sorry for myself not having my very own Dante. 

I really enjoyed reading Dante's Girl, it's a short, funny book which will make you happy for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment