Saturday, August 18, 2012

So, What am I up to?

So, unfortunately, my dad hid my Kindle because he wanted me to have more sleep. I usually sleep at 5:00 a.m or earlier, depending on my schedule the next day, but I never sleep before 2:00 a.m. Then, if I don't have any plans for the day, I sleep until 3:00 p.m, and when I do (have plans), I wake up about 9:30-ish. I know, I know, but what can I do? My still out on my Summer vacations. Hurray!! 


You know, not having a Kindle for a book-addict is a really tough thing.. At least I have my Cloud reader on my laptop and the Kindle app on my phone, phew. Unfortunately, I can't read long with these two devices. Guess my eyes are used to the beautiful e-ink display. I really miss my Kindle.. 

Right now, I'm reading Dante's Girl, by Courtney Cole-- author of The Bloodstone Saga Series (I really enjoyed the books), Princess ( awesome book), The Moonstone Saga Series (which I'm planning to read, hopefully), etc. 

Dante's Girl.


I have spent every summer since I was then years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.

Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, "You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto," even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of a Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See numer four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew problems and I've learned something from every one of them.

Let's start with the fact that Dante's world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raise on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 

But hearts don't care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante's Girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

... 

Great book for the summer, sweet and light. Review coming soon for Dante's Girl!

And also, I'm reading Foretell, a Wanderlove series by Belle Malory. I've read the first book in the series, Wanderlove, and the first and second book in the series have nothing to do with each other, other than the author of course. 

Foretell.


Book two of The Wanderlove Saga...

If you could provide anyone with the path to their deepest, darkest desires, would you?

Estelle Spencer has no choice.

With just a simple touch of her hand, wishes and dreams are instantly fulfilled. Her voice speaks of its own accord, lighting the way to good fortune.

But not everyone's fortunes are desirable.

For most of her life Estelle hides in fear, living as a recluse in her sister's shadow. Until the day comes when her existence is remembered. 

Forced into running, Estelle meets Rex, a Romanian gypsy, and the only person who can help her hide. Together they search for a way to end the curse that controls Estelle's life.

Before she destroys the world.

...

The Saga is a bit dark in style, but nevertheless I have no doubt this will be a great book to read. Book review coming soon for this one too!

Oh, and I'm going to review Jenna-Lynne Duncan's Hurricane sometime soon. It's been a while since I've read this book, and I promised the author a loooong time ago that I was going to review this book for her. Not that I'm bragging, but she followed me ( and still is, thank God) on Twitter (yay!) and when I told her that her book was great, she kindly asked me to review her book.. Which I'll gladly do as soon as I have the time.


So, three reviews coming up as soon as they're ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment