Sunday, August 19, 2012

Foretell, A Wanderlove Saga, Belle Malory



Book two of The Wanderlove Saga...

If you could provide anyone with the path to their deepest, darkest desires, would you?

Estelle Spencer has no choice.

With just a simple touch of her hand, wishes and dreams are instantly fulfilled. Her voice speaks of its own accord, lighting the way to good fortune.

But not everyone's fortunes are desirable.

For most of her life Estelle hides in fear, living as a recluse in her sister's shadow. Until the day comes when her existence is remembered. 

Forced into running, Estelle meets Rex, a Romanian gypsy, and the only person who can help her hide. Together they search for a way to end the curse that controls Estelle's life.

Before she destroys the world.

...

I don't remember loving the first book of the saga as much as Foretell . The sad part is that, and I'm ashamed to admit, that I remember nothing from the first book. Yup, that's right, nothing, nada, rien. I'm sure that I bought this book, it's in my Amazon library and everything, but i just don't remember the plot and the characters, etc. So first I thought these two books had no connection whatsoever, but then I read the book description of the first book, Wanderlove,  and noticed that the main characters in that book were the less important ones in the second book. 

Estelle has this 'curse'. Every time someone touches her and asks her a question, she immediately  tells them the answer. Her little sister (Irene, stagename Indie), and her mother Rachel constantly use her for the benefit of Indie. In the first chapter, her mom chases her all the way to the rooftop and asks her where her sister can get a very expensive dress for free. Estelle tells her mother a phone number where they can get the dress for free, and Indie, instead of thanking her sister, says "Oh my God, thank you mommy." Now, I get that that drives people crazy, and we learn that Estelle isn't very fond of both of them. When she goes into a cafe, she sees Lola, Gabe (main characters from Wanderlove) and Rex. She learns that she is some kind of 'Oracle' and that she is in danger and that these people are gypsies trying to help her. Estelle immediately leaves her house and everything she's known. 

Estelle is a strong character, even though she sometimes fails. I really liked her, and I could connect with her easily because the story was written in the first person, with her point of view. She, unlike the other female characters, deny's her feelings for Rex at first, but then she tells him how she feels and how he will one day have feelings for her, too. 

Rex Constantin, oh my God. Where do I even start? He's the 'jackass' (not my words, Estelle's) and the annoying and cold boy/man who keeps making you mad. In the beginning of the book, when all of them are in a train, getting away from Estelle's house, he and Estelle have this I-can-profile-you-in-seconds 'game'. Estelle tells him how he is broken because of a girl, and because of that, he sleeps with every girl who accepts him, and uses them as a one-night-stand, thinking of the girl who has broken his heart as he plays his games with others. So, conclusion, he is a heartbreaker. When Estelle confesses her feelings, he gets mad at her, yelling at her to stop the way she is feeling for him. Ha, as if she can stop when neither the reader can stop. So, definitely a heartbreaker and a heartthrob. *Sigh*.

Foretell  is one of those book who kind of start on one setting, and finish on another completely different setting, if you know what I mean. Also, I think it's a bit very 'happy ending', and I never would have guessed it. I mean, it's not that bizarre, but it could have been better, because first, you find yourself in Estelle's house, and then you are in a camp full of gypsies and then you find yourself in a totally different place and so on and so on. So, if there were any disappointments, it was that. 

Overall, a great book, which will keep you from sleeping at night. I recommend you read this book where no on can see you at any point because I'm sure at some point of the book you'll have wet eyes, or big stupid grins, or even a what's-wrong-with-him face. You're going to fall in love with the characters in a matter of time before you open the book. Looking forward for the next book in the Saga!.. Although I don't think I'll be very happy knowing that maybe Estelle and Rex aren't going to be the main characters on the next book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment