Thursday, August 16, 2012

Onyx, A Lux Novel, Jennifer L. Armentrout


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town...
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. 
Hard.

But then everything changes...

I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them-- from me?

No on is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...

...

I was so happy when I found the book on Amazon at 3:00 a.m. when it was its release day! I wasn't sure if the book had came out yet, but I'm happy I checked. Onyx is one of those books you can't put down once you start reading it, which implies, I had a sleepless night. But it was worth it because Jennifer has done it again! 

In my opinion, Onyx is better than the first book in the series, Obsidian. It's packed with action, humor, sarcasm, loads of plot twists, and *sigh*, romance. The characters are tough and round, and we learn more about Daemon, the DOD and every single person who is related to alien bis-wax. 

First, let me start of with Daemon. Ahh!! He's such a heartthrob. We still see some of his jerk sides (but I'm not complaining); he is still sarcastic, humorous and sweet. In Onyx, we can see a softer sides of him as his feelings for Katy develop. He actually makes it a point to showcase his emotion. He gives a rose to Katy while they are at school, and gives her little things now and then, always taking care of her.. But he still pokes her with is pen. Cute! 

Here's a quick something to show you his awesomeness:
   "Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
   Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
   His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
   Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
   Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...

If I could only be Katy for one day, I'd die happy.

Katy is one strong, and tough girl, oh, and funny. She risks her life to safe her loved ones, but in the process she pushes more than one person away from her. I found it a tad bit annoying that she kept denying her feelings for Daemon, blaming it instead on their 'bizarre' connection. But never the less, she knows she has feelings for him. 

The new boy, Blake, is a not-so-subtle dude and makes a point in his first day to tell Katy he likes her. And what does Daemon do? He flips out, and oh, if I could only see that in real life. He makes the point  of him hating Blake every time he says his name. Sometimes he would call him Bobby or Bryon and other kinds of funny names. Blake has his own secrets which by the end of the novel is exposed by Katy. You go girl, Katy! 

Onyx is a book full with twists, and twists, and twists. And the ending? Ho, I'm not sure I can wait until    December when the third book comes out. I absolutely recommend this book, but I warn you, you'll have to cancel any plans you have for the days and be ready for a sleepless night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment